As you all know, this cause is very important to me since I have Sickle Cell Disease.
I am participating in the 2018 Sickle Cell Thalasemia Patient Network (SCTPN) Walk. The purpose of the walk is to Educate and create Awareness and I am asking you for your support.
SCTPN is dedicated to improving the quality of life for individuals and families living with sickle cell. I happened to be one of the lucky ones who has had a positive response to the medication available, yet this medicine does not work on all sicklers. For this reason we need to raise awareness and funds to keep the studies going.
Here are just a few of the reasons
should JOIN OUR TEAM
and DONATE too:
- Because you care and you believe you can make a difference;
- To acknowledge the pain and challenges of those living with this excruciatingly painful condition;
- To share in the triumph of those who continue their struggle with courage, determination, endurance and perseverance;
- Because you want to keep alive the memory of someone we loved who struggles no more;
- Because coming together to make our voices heard, standing up for each other and demonstrating that we matter is crucial to the sickle cell community;
- To help SCTPN raise funds critically needed to assist individuals and families affected by sickle cell, facilitate awareness and educational programs, assists children to attend summer camp, provide scholarships to those who are determined to succeed scholastically and drive change through advocacy.